Get involved! Play a role in the success of Ashland’s students
Volunteer for the Fund Drive
We’re kicking off in April, and could use your help!
We have lots of volunteer opportunities for supporters of this year’s Annual Fund Drive.
- Display an ASF Lawn Sign at your home or business in April. This will help spread the word that it’s time to donate and support the schools. Come pick one (or three!) up from one of our drive-through pickup events:
- Wednesday, April 5th 4p-7p at First United Methodist Church, 175 N Main St
- Thursday, April 6th 4p-7p at Scienceworks Hands On Museum 1500 E Main St
Sign up to host a sign during the Annual Fund Drive.
- We hope most of our sign hosts will pick up signs at our two drive-through events, but we want to accommodate supporters who are unable to attend. If you are interested in helping deliver lawn signs, you will be asked to use your own car to complete at 2-4 hour driving shift during daylight hours sometime between April 3-8 (within Ashland city limits). Sign up for delivery volunteering here.
- Volunteer for our Phone (and Texting) Nights on April 25th and 26th. We will enjoy a meal and beverages together at ScienceWorks Hands on Museum while we text and call past ASF supporters (everyone on the list will be someone who has given recently) to encourage them to support this year’s campaign. Dinner is provided and families are welcome. Sign up to join us for either event:
- Tuesday, April 25th 5p-8p at Scienceworks Hands-On Museum
- Wednesday, April 26th from 5-8p at Scienceworks Hands-On Museum
Other Ways to Volunteer
ASF Board of Directors
The Ashland Schools Foundation has an active Board of Directors to help direct the activities and policies of the Foundation. We recruit new members for our Board in the spring/early summer, installing new board members in late summer. A term of service is three years, with a maximum of two terms. If you would like more information about becoming a member of the ASF Board of Directors, please contact us.
The Ashland Schools Foundation has a number of active committees that support our fundraising and grants activities. If you’re interested in a “hands-on” approach to helping the ASF, or you have a special talent or vocation you would like to share, one of our committees may be just the place for you! For further info, please contact us.
Write letters to the editor about how donations to schools have made a difference in your life, or other school-support or Foundation-support issues. You can also gather testimonials from teachers, students, parents who have something to say about the positive way the Foundation affects the community.
Help manage the website or data entry….let us know what your computer specialties are. We’ll see if we have job to match your talents! Please contact us to let us know you’re interest.